The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for Public relations officer position with the following details:
Public Relations Officer (Ref. #: PRO/CEO/ 2021-04)
- Studying PETL objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote, ideas, and services.
- Coordinates public events and special projects as assigned.
- Develops content and design of all publications and media.
- Updating PETL Web site and social media sites content.
- Develops and fosters relationships with members of the media.
- Prepares and distributes news releases, story ideas, photographs and videos to media representatives.
- Initiating and planning PR campaigns defining goals; analyzing problems and opportunities; liaising with management.
- Develops and maintains an excellent, sharable database of contacts in the media and experts and also a history of stories
- Speaking in public at presentations, press conferences, radio and TV interviews, and meetings.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople
- liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Collating and analyzing media coverage
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, Promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Commissioning market research
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis.
- BA in Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
- With minimum 5 years of experience in public relation
- Computer literate.
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Ability to plan and organize own tasks and responsibilities and setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines;
- To have up to date knowledge of related communications, media, and social media tools, software, procedures and standards.
- Excellent in graphic design, tools, and programs.
- Strong Analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong personality.
Interested applicants please submit your CV in English before 15:00 pm Thursday 30/09/2021.
Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview