The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for the positions with the following details:
System Administrator (Ref. #: SA/HR/ 2018-06)
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with systems.
– Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
– Performing routine audits of systems and software.
-Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
– Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
– Adding, removing, or updating employee account information, resetting passwords,etc.
– Responsibility for security.
– Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
– Troubleshooting any reported problems.
– System performance tuning.
– Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
– Prepare report to Manager IT Department.
– Coordinating with Technical Support to resolve all system-related customer issues (which includes Cloud related issues)
– System monitoring, maintenance and configuration on several variants of Linux, BSD and Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 – Installation and configuration of various equipment including Dell PowerEdge, Custom built servers and storage – – boxes as well as HP and foundry switches
– Install/monitor/administer new Internet accessible and/or application servers running several variants of Linux (primarily Debian and CentOS) and mainly Windows 2003/2008/2012 (single server, Hyper-V and Cloud related instances)
– Creating trouble tickets and escalating them appropriately and in a timely fashion by use of ticketing and/or – notification procedures
– Manage spam and security related issues
– Manage backup issues to all system
– Automating administration tasks by writing scripts such as PERL, Shell, C, python, VBScript , powershell and/or .NET as well as be familiar with Puppet deployment
– Installation, configuration, optimization and maintenance of network services including but not limited to Apache, Bind/MyDNS/PowerDNS, Sendmail/Postfix/Exim and FTP
– Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineers, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field required
IT certificates MCITP, RHCE, VCP and other.
3+ years’ experience in IT issue or an equivalent combination of work experience
2+ Years’ experience in system administration.
Experience in Windows Server
Experience in VMWare virtual machine
Experience in MS SQL DB
Experience in ORCEL DB
Experience in Windows/CentOS/Red HAT installation and configuration
Experience in Windows Update Server (WSUS)
Experience in Security (Internet, Users, Vulnerability)
Knowledge in Software troubleshooting and ability to find solutions
Knowledge in Backup procedures
Knowledge in Exchange server setup and maintenance.
Interested applicants please send a CV in English to email@example.com
With the Reference # in the subject line, by 3:00 PM, Thursday, June 28, 2018. Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. E-mails sent without the reference # in the subject line will not be considered.