The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for System Engineer position with the following details:
System Engineer (Ref. #: SE/OD/ 2019-01)
B.A in Computer Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field.
- Possess a broad understanding of SCADA communications and IT Telecommunications Infrastructure and Data transfer protocols.
- Enhances and maintains the SCADA Operations Control Center Environment.
- Troubleshoots communication and remote equipment issues affecting the distribution operations.
- Responsible for the proper operation of all system software, hardware and network.
- Support the existing infrastructure; assist with the maintenance of the computer operating system, network and the control system package.
- Work on day to day system activities and enhancements with vendors, suppliers and field technicians.
- Application support, working with IT infrastructure on system issues and upgrades.
- Developing/updating custom application functionality, understand and support external system interfaces.
- Builds, modifies, tests and design screens and database records in SCADA to add new operations functions.
- Troubleshooting control equipment connectivity in the field by providing diagnostic information to the field.
- Conduct Site Acceptance Testing to demonstrate and validate controls functionality.
- Maintain accurate records of system databases and associated field activities.
- Provide operations with recent upgrades and work closely with supervision to guarantee proper site representations.
- Assist group in Windows System Administration functions.
- Provide on-call support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Works toward established goals.
Interested applicants please submit your CV in English no later than 02/05/2019.
Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants only will be contacted for an interview.