The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for Maintenance Engineer position with the following details:
Maintenance Engineer (Ref. #: ME/TD/ 2017-09)
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Schedules the maintenance of substation equipment within the Company’s service area.
– Maintenance activities include minor things such as adding oil to a transformer or gas to a breaker to a complete overhaul of a breaker or tap changer.
– Supervises and oversees all maintenance projects and crews to ensure compliance with specifications and engineering plans.
– Prepares daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules of substation equipment and facilities.
– Reviews engineering plans and coordinates modifications to the plans with Engineering.
– Coordinates maintenance projects with Systems Operator, Distribution, Relaying, crews and contractors.
– Prepares progress reports of ongoing maintenance projects.
– Prepare bids for maintenance jobs in substation to be completed by contractors.
– Prepares and reviews project specifications and cost estimations.
– Maintains Substation Maintenance program data files for tracking of equipment.
– Maintains maintenance equipment data forms for specialized testing of equipment.
– Supervises a Substation Clerk with duties of entering and filing of maintenance data.
– Requisitions equipment parts, materials and equipment needed for maintenance projects.
– Maintains inventory list of equipment, equipment parts and materials.
– Trains employees on the procedures and practices used by the department.
-BA in Electrical engineering (Automation, power) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field.
Interested applicants please send a CV in English to
with the Reference # in the subject line, by 3:00 PM, Thursday, November 30, 2017. Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview