The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for Internal Technical Auditor position with the following details:
Internal Technical Auditor (Ref. #: ITA/GM/ 2021-02)
Contract: Part Time
Job location: PETL Offices in Ramallah, with mobility to sites in other locations in the West Bank.
Job Purpose Summary:
Conduct a detailed internal audit on all PETL technical operations including (Operation & Maintenance of electricity substations, O&M of connection points, IT, projects implementation, …etc)
- Bachelor degree in electrical power systems engineering, or any related specialty to electric power systems transmission and distribution.
- Master degree in management or technical related subjects is a plus.
- Minimum five years of direct experience in related field in which minimum three years in electrical power systems, and an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed below.
- Previous experience in SCADA systems is a plus.
- Previous experience in technical auditing is a plus.
- Develop Internal Technical Audit Procedures & Manuals.
- Examine whether the company’s objectives are reflected in its technical activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.
- Developing and conducting annual technical audit plans.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if operations, systems, and/or projects under development will work as planned.
- Recommend different methods that could help to enhance and improve control procedures
- Review and develop applied technical procedures.
- Recommend controls for information system to ensure the reliability and integrity of the data.
- Audit technical operations to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with adopted policies and procedures, and government laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure that records are accurate and controls are adequate to protect against mismanagement, fraud and waste, or noncompliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Conduct inspection and audit of Acceptance Committees who receive and check suppliers’ provided materials in compliance with material specifications and technical descriptions as prescribed in contracts.
- Prepare detailed reports about technical audit results, and recommend changes in operations and applied procedures.
- Support managers to base their decisions on technical audit findings to enhance and improve operations.
- Any other related duties and tasks asked by the general manager.
- Examine Technical Efficiency Audit to ensure maximum efficiency (lower losses) of the substations and connection points.
- Ability to plan and organize own tasks and responsibilities and setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines;
- To have up to date knowledge of related technical audit standards in the electricity industry & IT.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and writing in English & Arabic.
- Strong Analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong personality.
Interested applicants please submit your CV and Cover Letter in English no later than 26/07/2021.
Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants only will be contacted for an interview